International Conference: Forest – the Best Place for Outdoor Learning
Outdoor Learning Didactics
FOREST - THE BEST PLACE FOR OUTDOOR LEARNING
Forest and Climate Change
When: November 25-26, 2022
CŠOD Bohinj, Ribčev Laz 63, 4265 Bohinjsko Jezero, Slovenia
The conference starts on Friday at 12.00. It will conclude on Saturday at 18.00.
The conference will bring together experts from all fields interested in didactics, outdoor learning and experiential learning. With the desire to systematically raise awareness and educate children and young people about the close connection of environmental topics, with an emphasis on the forest ecosystem and outdoor learning didactics, especially in connection with climate change - so that they will be able to critically assess the current environmental action and gradually create and maintain a quality environment for the next generations through changed behaviour.
At the conference, we will exchange good practices and connect various institutions that deal with outdoor learning in the forest, at the international and national level.
The theme of the conference is based on the importance of learning outdoors / in the forest, where experiencing, knowing, and exploring nature positively encourages and improves the individual's learning process. The role of education for sustainable development and awareness of climate change and its impact on everyday life will be highlighted.
WHO IS THE CONFERENCE FOR?
- principals, teachers, educators and other employees in the field of education in elementary schools, secondary schools, kindergartens, CŠOD, educators in student dormitories, schools with an adapted program, educational institutions that strive to introduce modern approaches to the teaching and education of future generations,
- university and higher education teachers, assistants, researchers, students,
- professionals who work with "children" of all generations,
- TO ALL who are interested in the forest / nature and encourage learning through experience and, above all, learning in a natural environment,
- professional workers in nature conservation organizations.
THEMES OF THE CONFERENCE
- Forest – a complex learning environment
- Forest – a place to develop a relationship with the environment and nature as a value
- Forest – innovative approaches to outdoor learning
CONTENT GUIDELINES FOR THE PREPARATION OF PAPERS
- Promoting education and awareness about climate change
- Education and training for sustainable development
- The forest as a source of ideas, new knowledge, and integration of expert findings
- The forest as an incentive for a healthy lifestyle
- Innovative didactic resources and approaches for outdoor learning in the forest
- Cross-curricular integration when learning outdoors / in the forest
- The importance of experiences, creativity and learning through play in the forest
- CŠOD – professional public institution that promotes outdoor learning and the development of outdoor learning didactics
It will also be possible to actively participate at the conference with a professional contribution:
- lectures (papers),
- workshops in the field.
Participants who will be presenting their own, first-time contribution in the form of a paper, workshop or poster at the conference must submit an application by the deadline with the presentation of the contribution, which must include:
- justification of the connection with climate goals and content
- explanation of the included elements of outdoor learning didactics
- justification of how the content, approach or topic is innovative
The conference will be held in English (lecture, paper, presentation). A presentation in Slovenian will also be possible. Simultaneous interpretation to English will be arranged.
CONFERENCE APPLICATION FORM
Send the abstract of the paper to the e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org by October 24, 2022. You will receive feedback about the presentation by November 8.
The deadline for applications to the conference without a contribution is until the last place is filled, or November 14, 2022.
The electronic collection of papers will be published at the conference.
THERE IS NO REGISTRATION FEE, food will be provided during the conference (coffee, snacks, supper, lunch).
You can use the accommodation (until the capacity is filled) at CŠOD Bohinj, contact: email@example.com,
+386 4 572 4141 (reception).
Email address for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org
The conference is part of the project Climate goals and content in education.
The project is co-financed by the Ministry of the Environment and Spatial Planning from the Climate Change Fund.